What athletes do you think have the best abs? There are some sports that naturally build a great core and help you get a great six-pack without the boring abdominal exercises. If you want better abs choose sports that engage the right combination of movements and you will build a strong, sexy mid-section naturally. Some of the top picks include: Soccer, kayaking, gymnastics, swimming and skate skiing. What do you think? Which athletes have the best abs? Share Your Opinion
- Wrestling. Even if your diet is okay, you'll somewhat get a six pack with it. A great one will have you shredded fast!
- —Guest Ajax
- You have to have a strong core when going into contact so you have to have strong abdominals
- —Guest Guest rugger
- I agree with horse riding. I haev great abs as well as a strong back just from horse riding.
- —Guest Joan
- I think if you get into the advanced stuff in most sport you'll get great abs, but seriously, rock climbing! I know it seems like it's more arms but you should be conserving your arm strength as much as possible and using your core! To do some of the more challenging routes you freaking need an awesome core. I don't care how good your technique is, most people who've climbed seriously for a year or so, start to get pretty ripped. :)
- —Guest Alli
- When you horse ride you use your legs to power your self up and you use your core and arms to control the horse horse riding is one of the best sports for your legs!
- —Guest Taylah
- crunching your abs with every stroke and easy to get into
- —Guest jess
- surfing is real good for working the entire core of the body once you go pass around a hour in the water
- —Guest marcus
- Hockey definitley. You are training constantly your working your abs for inner balance, because to skate you must have balance. Eating right obviously.. skating fast up and down the ice, being able to take and work hard for the puck--you need great upper and lower body strength. Swimming and running are great for abs too.
- —Guest bubblesrule
- I am a teenage girl and I have the best abs out of all the girls in my class at school, my friend said rowers have the best bodies but really, anyone who trains high intensity in a sport that engages the abdominal muscles will become ripped!! I have never done boring ab workouts, I do press ups each morning, wall-sits regularly and the occasional hover-hold yet my abs are constantly improving because I train in the pool for at least 5 two hour sessions per week. If you can get hold of a pair of fins, while swimming wear them and swim butterfly (dolphin) kick on your back while keeping your whole body tense and you will feel the workout in your abs and thighs, it is AMAZING:)
- —Guest Bee
- soccer for sure. i have been playing soccer for only one year and got 4 packs at 7th grade
- —Guest soccer
- Do plymetrics and watch what you eat. Do high intensity Interval training and watch what you eat.
Do any sport regularly by playing competitively and watch what you eat.
- —Guest Yagga
- Swimming is the best no-impact sport that works all your muscles. If you have proper technique, you will lose fat and build lean muscle very quickly
- —Guest jesse
- Gymnastics for sure. My son is in the HPC squad and he's already showing his little abs (from 6 mths training)
- —Guest Pitzcat
Running cross country
- Guys who run xc have get great abs. Swimming is good too because it works all muscles.
- —Guest guest
Strange ab shape
- I am getting a strange shaping at the side of my stomach--guys usually get it but not girls and I wondered how to get rid of that & smooth my stomach. Its really hard to explain!