Friday December 6, 2013
Athletes can be a bit picky when it comes to their clothing, gear and fitness equipment, but there are a few great gifts that everyone who exercises will love.
If you are still searching for a great gift for the active people in your life, check out this year's Top Picks: Gifts for Athletes.
If you are sticking to a budget this year, or need a great stocking stuffer, you can't go wrong with these Fitness Gifts for $30 or Leass.
If you still haven't found the perfect gift, these 20 Unique Gifts for Athletes and Fitness Buffs offers something fun for everyone from the serious athlete to The weekend warrior.
Wednesday December 4, 2013
Holiday schedules can wipe out all the fitness gains you've worked hard to achieve. It may not be reasonable to expect that you are going to maintain a tough training schedule during December festivities, but that doesn't mean you should toss out training altogether.
You can maintain a considerable amount of cardiovascular fitness, and strength, as long as you modify your workouts and focus on a few basic concepts until you get back to your routine.
- Focus on Quality.
Research shows that getting two, shorter, but high intensity cardio workouts of 70-75 percent of maximum heart rate each week can help maintain aerobic fitness.
- Do a Morning Workout.
Those who exercise first thing in the morning are more likely to do it. You can avoid distractions and decreased will power as the demands of the day pile up. and you are far more likely to do it!
- Do Bodyweight Workout.
You can save time and get a workout anywhere by relying on a solid body weight routine. Skip the travel time to a gym, and get it done fast.
- Do this: An Exercise Routine for Everyone. If you want to get in better shape in 2013, but keep it simple, try this basic routine to build and maintain excellent fitness.
The bottom line on maintaining fitness with limited time? It boils down to your personal fitness goals & your current level of fitness, but by making fitness a priority, you can get more done in less time, keep you weight down, and your fitness up until your 2013 routine kicks in. Happy training!
Sunday December 1, 2013
There is still time to get the perfect holiday gift for the athletes and exercisers on your list. Here are some of the most popular products that meet any budget.
Top Fitness Gift Ideas - Lower Budgets
- Brooks Trail Running Shoes - Compare Prices
- Timex Ironman Triathlon Watch - Compare Prices
- Saucony Grid Stabil - Compare Prices
- Weighted Vest - Compare Prices
- Kettlebells - Compare Prices
- Foam Rollers - Compare Prices
- Trigger Point Massage Balls - Compare Prices
- Heart Rate Monitors - Compare Prices
- Superfeet Insoles - Compare Prices
- Scrip Spidertech Calf Tape - Compare Prices
- Luminox Navy Seal Dive Watch - Compare Prices
Top Fitness Gift Ideas - Bigger Budgets
- Concept 2 Rowing Machine - Compare Prices
- Treadmills - Compare Prices
- Elliptical Machines - Compare Prices
- Spin Bike - Compare Prices
- Stair Climbers - Compare Prices
Your Best Fitness Gift Ideas
Want to add your ideas to the list? Tell us about the best (or worse) fitness gift you've ever given or received.
Share Your Gift Ideas
Friday November 29, 2013
Not all exercises are beneficial for every athlete. It's important to tailor your exercise to fit your goals, as well as your fitness level. And even the best athletes can have some pretty bad exercise habits that, over time, can lead to an injury.
Every athlete has a different level of tolerance and fitness, and while there isn't a "one-size-fits-all" approach to training, there are some practices that have a higher possibility of injury. So, keep in mind that what is safe for one athlete may cause an injury in another.
Do you know how to spot, and avoid the most common exercise mistakes?