This more advanced hamstring stretch, stretches the hamstrings, calves and shoulders. Here's how to do it correctly.
How to Do the Advanced Standing Hamstring Stretch
- Begin standing up straight with shoulders relaxed and back.
- Reach your arms behind your back and interlace your fingers.
- Lift your shoulders up toward your ears and lift your hands away from your back.
- Slowly bend forward at the waist, keeping your back flat, not rounded.
- Continue bending forward and lift your hand over head as far forward as comfortable.
- At a full stretch you will feel tension in your hamstrings and in your shoulders.
- Hold for 10-20 seconds and release.
- Repeat 2-3 times.