Tips for Designing an Effective Abdominal Exercise Routine
- Select 5 to 10 exercises that combine:
- Perform 10 repetitions of each exercise and move to the next exercise.
- Change your exercise routine every 2 to 3 weeks.
- Maintain good form with each muscle contraction.
- Contract your abs and pull your belly button in toward your spine with each contraction.
- Maintain a slow and controlled movement.
- Support your head when you need to, but don't pull on your head or pull your chin to your chest.