How about you? Have you taken an adventure travel vacation or a sports vacation in order to maintain your fitness while getting away from it all? Tell us about your best active sports vacations. Active Vacation Ideas
travel to races
- I like to pick a race in a place I've always wanted to visit - that way I get a vacation & a workout in the same trip. Plan a couple days pre-race to prepare and a real vacation post-race & you are golden.
- —Guest runner2
Soccer camps for adults
- I wanted to do a week long soccer camp like my kids took, but couldn't find one, so we started this with the local soccer team and hostel in Lake Como Italy. www.lakecomosoccer.com
- —Guest Soccer
- I love kayaking into remote areas - baja, Belize - inside passage - san juans - there are so many great things that I rarely get to see from my home town, that I can get up close to from a kayak. Getting an up close view of a whale, camping on a beach and getting a great upper body workout makes this a fabulous active vacation.
- —Guest tim
hut to hut ski
- Colorado offers some excellent hut to hut cross country ski routes. Look at the tenth mountain trail for starters. Nothing better than skiing nearly alone in the remote wilds of Colorado.
- —Guest getawayoften
Basketball Weekend Getaway
- I was surprised that the Never Too Late Basketball Camps were not mentioned as an excellent weekend getaway. Two and a half days of pure hoops instructions, great workout, excellent coaching staff. Santa Barbara, Berkshires, Lake Michigan, Portland, OR are the regular meeting spots. Excellent learning opportunity with plenty of play time and good value. www.nevertoolate.com
- —Guest Loves Hoops
Bike or hike
- I plan one bike trip each summer and plan relaxing vacations in places that I can hike during the days. It works great for the whole family -- those who want to sit by the pool and those of us who want to burn a few calories before dinner & drinks.
- —Guest bike-hiker
multi sport trips rock (and roll)
- I love multisport trips because you get to do a lot of different things (cross training), you have fun, learn something new and get to eat anything you want cause you burn tons of calories. I also like to take these trips so my girlfriend can chill while I rock on on a mt bike or rafting or kayaking. There is something for everyone on these trips.
- —Guest travelmuch