The tag-line of this new fitness DVD from Tranz4m, Total Body Training is "A 2-hour workout in just 23 minutes." It sounds pretty impressive, so I decided to put it to the test.
About the Workout DVD
This fitness routine was developed by Olympic gold medal track and field stars Donovan Bailey and Mark McKoy. Mark leads the 23 minute workout system that he and Donovan created based upon their years of experience training and competing at the height of their careers. They incorporate their own experience with the methods of top trainers, sports doctors, nutritionists and exercise physiologists.
Pros and Cons
This is a workout for those with above average fitness and not recommended for novice exercisers. You may also find (as I did) that this workout DVD is mainly "content over style." If you can overlook the low production quality you will find some challenging, efficient exercises to add to any fitness program.
- You learn great new exercises & skills drills.
- It is a very advanced, fast & efficient routine.
- It uses high intensity,15-second intervals for each exercise, to build strength and cardiovascular fitness.
- Their Core Traning Workout is fabulous. If you get nothing more out of the tape, it is worth the core strength exercises.
- For the advanced exerciser, it's a great, simple, effective full-body workout.
- The workout also includes a 10 minute guided meditation.
- You should have a good level & knowledge of fitness to start.
- There isn't any prompting about what exercises come next (on the first viewing I always felt behind by a few seconds).
- There may be a high risk of injury in new exercisers.
- I found the music annoying & was distracted by the low production quality.
- There are a lot of intervals and plyometric exercises that may be tough for beginners or others with joint problems.
They aren't joking when they say it's a Champion's workout. The bottom line is that I would recommend the DVD only for those with above average fitness or those prepared for a more challenging exercise program. Mark is clearly an exceptionally fit athlete and we can only try to keep up with some of his abdominal routines.
They tell me they have a new intermediate and an advanced workout on the way, all with significantly higher production quality. They also tell me that a Beginner's Workout is in the works; that may be a good way to build up to this more intense workout.