This is a slightly more advanced groin stretch that intensifies the exercise by stretching both sides at once. In this photo, Ichiro Suzuki of the Seattle Mariners performs a squatting groin stretch during his warm up. Here's how to safely perform the squatting groin stretch.
How to Do the Squatting Groin Stretch
- Stand with your feet wide apart.
- Slowly squat down until your knees are directly over your ankles and bend to 90 degrees.
- Place your hands on top of your inner thighs and slowly push outward to open your hips.
- You will feel a stretch in the groin muscles in both legs.
- Hold for 20-30 seconds, relax and repeat three times.