Calf Pull Stretching Program - Stretching Exercises for Calf Pull
By Elizabeth Quinn, About.com Guide
Updated September 24, 2009
About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by the Medical Review Board
This simple stretch, sometimes called the Achilles tendon stretch, stretches the tendons and muscles of the lower leg
. Here's how to do it correctly.
How to Do the Standing Achilles Tendon Heel Stretch
- Stand about an arm's-length from a wall or another sturdy object.
- Lean forward and place both hands on the wall about shoulder width apart.
- Extend one foot (the side to be stretched) behind you with your knee bend and heel on the ground.
- Keep the other foot closer to the wall.
- Lean into wall slightly and bend the knee of the heel to be stretched (keeping the heel down) until you feel a stretch in the back of the lower leg (just above the heel).
- Sink down slowly with your hips to deepen the stretch.
- Hold this stretch for about 30 seconds and change sides.
- This stretch is similar to the calf stretch, however by bending your knee you focus the stretch on the Achilles rather than the calf.