Calf Pull Stretching Program - Stretching Exercises for Calf Pull
By Elizabeth Quinn, About.com Guide
Updated September 24, 2009
About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by the Medical Review Board
This is a very simple stretch you can do while standing. This stretch targets the soleus muscle as well as the Achilles tendon in the lower leg
. Here's how to do it correctly.
How to Do the Standing Soleus Stretch
- Take a half step forward.
- Keep your weight evenly distributed on both feet and slowly bend your knees and sink down toward the ground.
- Keep your heels on the ground.
- You will feel a stretch in the back leg, just above the heel.
- Continue to sink down slowly with your hips to deepen the stretch.
- Hold this stretch for about 30 seconds and change sides.
- By bending your knee this stretch targets the soleus and Achilles tendon rather than the gastrocnemius (calf) muscle.