There are several different exercises used to stretch the shoulders. This is a simple stretch you can do anytime and anywhere.
Simple Shoulder Stretch
- Begin standing up straight with shoulders relaxed and back.
- Reach your right arm up over your head, bend your elbow and reach your hand behind your neck.
- With your elbow pointing up to the sky, slide your right palm down to your back.
- With your left hand, grip your right elbow and gentle pull it toward your ear.
- Continue sliding your right palm down your back without straining.
- Hold for 10-20 seconds and release.
- Repeat with the opposite arm.
- Be sure to keep your head up and resist the urge to bend your neck forward.
You can modify this stretch based upon your own anatomy, flexibility and limitations.