How to Do the Hip and Lower Back Stretch
- Begin in a forward lunge position and drop your left knee to the ground.
- Place your right elbow on the inside of your right knee as pictured.
- Press your right elbow gently into your right knee and twist your torso to the left.
- Reach your left arm behind you until you feel a gentle stretch in your lower back and right groin.
- Hold the stretch for about 20-30 seconds, release and repeat on the other leg.
You can modify this stretch based upon your own anatomy, flexibility and limitations. Be sure to keep your forward knee over or behind your ankle and not in front of your ankle.