Use this stretch after a thorough warm up to avoid overstretching a cold muscle.
Here's how to do it correctly.
Groin and Inner Thigh Stretch
- Get into a seated position.
- Bend your knees and bring the soles of the feet together.
- Hold your feet with your hands and rest your elbows on your knees.
- While keeping your back straight (no slouching), allow your knees to fall towards the ground.
- You can apply gentle pressure on the inner thigh by pressing gently on the knees with the elbows.
- You should feel gentle pulling and tension in the groin.
- Do not bounce.
- Do not press down with great force.
- Hold the stretch for 20 to 30 seconds. Release and repeat three times.
- To increase the stretch, bring the feet closer in towards your groin.
- As you become more flexible, you can get a deeper stretch of the hips and back by leaning forward at the waist. Exhale and lean forward, keep your back flat and allow your chest to fall as close to the floor as possible.