Make sure you are warmed up before starting this stretch. It's best to perform this, and other deep stretches, after your workout.
- Begin by facing into a corner with your feet one to two feet from the wall.
- Place your forearms against each of the corner walls, with your elbows at about shoulder height and palms flat against the wall.
- Before you begin the stretch, retract and depress your shoulder blades by squeezing them together and down. (It helps to imagine you are squeezing something between your shoulder blades.)
- Next, slowly lean or walk toward the corner until you feel a gentle stretch across the chest, and the front of deltoids (shoulders).
- Hold the position for 20 to 30 seconds while breathing slowly and deeply. Release and repeat as needed.