There are many different ways to stretch your calf, but here is a simple stretch you can do while standing.
- Stand about an arm's-length from the wall.
- Lean forward and place both hands on the wall about shoulder width apart.
- Extend one foot (the side to be stretched) behind you with heel on the ground and one foot closer to the wall.
- Lean into wall with your hips until you feel a stretch in the calf of the extended leg.
- Hold this stretch for about 30 seconds and change sides.
- For a deeper stretch, move your foot farther back.
- This stretch is similar to the Achilles tendon heel stretch, however by keeping your knee straight you focus the stretch on the calf rather than the Achilles.