Happy New Year!
If you partied a bit too hard or just stayed up too late last night, exercise may be the last thing on your mind this morning, and today may be a good day to take it easy and start planning for the rest of 2013. So drink some water, go for a walk and inhale a bit of fresh air today.
If, on the other hand, you woke up refreshed and ready to tackle your 2013 Resolutions, here are a few quick New Year's Day workouts that can jump start your fitness routine for the year.
- Start with a few Glute Activation Exercises, which will work as a nice warm up as well as get your glutes firing properly for the rest of the workout.
- If you want to focus on your core, add this Quick Core Workout after the glute activation.
- If you just want to do a variety of quick at-home exercises, mix and match these Bodyweight Workout Ideas
- If you already have a great fitness level and just want to get your blood flowing and burn some calories, consider doing a Sprint Workout, some Intervals, or a short Jump Rope Workout.
- If you aren't ready for any of these workouts today, try to get a bit of light cardio (bike, walk, elliptical, etc..), rehydrate with plenty of water, and try out all your new gear.