The New York Times reports and many experts agree that this increase is due to the fact that more young athletes are specializing in one sport at an early age and training year-round.
All these injuries can be linked to overuse – doing too much, too often.
What can kids and parents do? You can help reduce such injuries by:
- Understand what contributes to Overuse Injuries in Children
- Learn to Prevent or Treat Overuse Injuries
- Follow The American College of Sports Medicine's Injury Prevention Guidelines for Young Athletes
- Review these ten Books Recommended for Parents of Athletes
- Learn how to Survive the Fall Sports Season
- Read more about Children and Sports Medicine